Honestly, there is nothing more relaxing in my mind than getting together with your girlfriends. Whether it’s a dinner, a movie night, or even as small as going out for coffee, there’s just something about it that can help you wash all your stresses away.
I absolutely love having a girl’s night in. Movies, junkfood, popcorn and other snacks, some face masks, and nothing but comfy clothes allowed. What part of that does not sound relaxing?
Now I know that I can do most of those things with my boyfriend (as hard as I try, he refuses to do face masks with me which is sad but honestly his loss), but it just isn’t the same as doing it with a girl friend.
I’ve been trying to do a girl’s night in with my best friend from high school for over a year… unfortunately covid didn’t really care for our diaries so literally a few days before we were meant to have our girl’s night, the whole world went into lockdown and now we can finally do it!
Today, just because I wasn’t exactly sure what to write about, and I am so excited to finally be seeing my best friend, I thought I would do a small post about girl’s night, sharing our plans and also some of my other blog posts relating to girl’s nights for anyone who hasn’t read those or is planning their own girl’s night and is looking for some tips or inspiration.
Soooo for my girl’s night tonight, these are the essentials:
- Something delicious to eat – we usually do takeaways like pizza or Chinese but tonight, we’re making Mexican food. And not just nachos. Oh no! We’re doing burritos, tacos, nachos, poke bowls and enough gaucamole to drown a giant.
- Face masks – we never do a girl’s night without facials. Call it an excuse to treat our skin or an excuse to laugh at how ridiculous we look, but either way it is a key part of our night.
- Chai tea – in high school, I was obsessed with figuring out how to make cafe quality chai tea lattes except I didn’t have a fancy foam wand/milk steamer and yes I know you can buy the instant powder but it really doesn’t taste the same. So, after a few months of testing, I finally figured out a recipe and now, it is a standard feature of our girl’s nights. We make a pot of chai, settle into our beanbags and watch a movie, which brings me on to my next one,
- MOVIES! No girl’s night in is a true relaxing evening without at least one movie. Usually we pick a theme and do a movie marathon. We haven’t decided what we’re going to watch tonight though…
- Something sweet and unhealthy – the menu has to include an item with sugar or chocolate… OR BOTH! Normally we make a batch of chocolate chip cookies but this weekend we have cinnamon rolls (both chocolate and normal) so we might be round and rolling by the end of the evening but it will be worth it.
What sort of things do you normally have at your girl’s nights? Or evenings you spend time with your friends? Are there any essentials you have? What are your favourite foods to enjoy?
Now, I am going to fill myself with obscene amounts of cinnamon sugary goodness, chai tea and cheesy nachos, and probably have an aneurysm from laughing too much.
Just in case anyone would like to check out my other blog posts about girl’s nights, these are some of my best posts and for anyone looking for something extra fun to read, or if you’re planning your own girl’s night in, you can check them out here:
- How to have the ultimate girl’s night (quarantine/isolation friendly)
- Tips for planning the ultimate girl’s night
- How to have the ultimate Galentine’s day celebration!!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend – I am signing off to become a sugar-filled couch potato until tomorrow.
Lots of Love
Blondey on a Mission xxx