Heyyyy all my lovely readers!
Firstly, I wanted to say sorry for being a bit silent on the blogosphere and getting behind on comments and stuff. The reason is because I flew back to England last night!!! I’ve been trying to get back to the UK for the last eight months and finally it seems like the stars aligned, all the fates were in agreement and luck was finally on my side. Now I am in hotel quarantine for the next 11 days so that could be a short diary-like series in the making… What do you think of that? Would you guys be keen to read some diary entries of my quarantine experience? Let me know in the comments section!
Right, life update aside, here is the next item in the Summer Blog Competition. This is a really fun blog post entry about some really exciting ways to release your inner child this summer from Laura – hope you all enjoy it!
13 Ways to Play and Release Your Inner Child this Summer
Summer is here and I just want to have fun and let my hair down. Unfortunately, we all still have to work and do adult things. But making time for fun is so important. To that end, I came up with this list of easy, inexpensive ways to play and find your inner child this summer. Make sure to laugh as you make your way through this list. You can do some of the items alone, with a partner, or with family and friends. Really, the more the merrier, but alone definitely works too. The main point is to have fun and be carefree with these simple ideas – release your inner child!
Without further ado, here are 13 ways to play and release your inner child this summer:
- Remember the suicide drinks we used to make at convenience stores as kids? Make one. Go to your nearest convenience store, head straight to the fountain drink machine, grab a large size cup and mix all the flavors together. Go nuts. When was the last time you did that?
- Get yourself a couple of Nerf guns or squirt guns, and have a good old fashioned fight. The one who laughs the most wins.
- Bust out your old sports equipment from a sport you used to love to use as a child. Were you a basketball or baseball player? Did you play soccer? Don’t have any sports stuff now that you’re an adult? Go get some! Balls are relatively cheap for the joy they bring, and you’ll be surprised at how much fun you’ll have when you’re kicking or throwing a ball around.
- Go on an adventure. Take an impromptu drive to a nearby town that you haven’t been to in a while and explore. Visit fun, different shops and outdoor places you haven’t been to, and indulge in the local junk food. (I’m thinking chili dogs, but you do you.) Have a walk around a park there or other outdoor locale and be free.
- Hula hoop.
- Play Tetherball or Four-square with playground equipment. Or, go swing on the swing set at your local park.
- Be silly. Talk in funny voices. Make a prank phone call to a friend. Make a funny video. It’s fun and it’ll make you laugh.
- Dance. It doesn’t have to be good. Who’s watching? Just move that body of yours! I bet you’ll smile.
- When was the last time you filled up a bucket with water balloons? Take a bucket of filled water balloons to a park or just outside your house, and have a ball with the other young at heart adults in your life. Maybe if the kids are lucky, you’ll let them join in the fun.
- Play a game. Pick your poison – a board game, video game, app – any of them will do the trick if you’re having fun.
- Get active. Ride a bike, swim, skate. Any of those activities that you did as a kid? You’ll probably still enjoy them.
- Make something artsy. Do you love to draw? Sing? Bake? Making something can be a lot of fun if you truly enjoy doing it. Don’t do it because you feel you have to, do it for the fun of it! Make something crazy that has no purpose except that it’s fun to make.
- Watch a funny movie you loved as a kid. Sometimes the memories of watching it alone will make you laugh. And you know what? Laughter is the best medicine.
I hope you enjoyed these 13 ideas for ways to play and release your inner child this summer. Please let me know what you decide to do, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit me on my blog, www.conjurepublishing.com. Remember to take plenty of pictures of your fun times!
What did you all think of Laura’s amazing blog?? I definitely plan on adding these to my summer bucket list – I might even make it a goal to do all of them (well … all of them within reason cause I don’t think water balloons are viable in a hotel room…) while I’m in quarantine to keep myself from boredom and keep my spirits high. Thanks so much Laura for sending in this awesome blog post entry!
Before I finish off this post, I wanted to let you all know that I’m going to increase the number of showcase pieces I share each week so you can all read them hopefully by the start of September, and if I do some extra quarantine diary posts (hint hint let me know what you think), then I’ll just throw them in on the spare days so heads up warning, you may be getting a lot of post notifications coming from me over the next few weeks. Anyway, thanks for reading everyone! I’ll see you all soon!
Lots of Love
Blondey on a Mission xxx